new MBP availability?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zer0sum, Feb 23, 2011.

1. zer0sum macrumors member

I know they are likely to be released tomorrow...but I need to work out when I can actually physically get one into my possession.

Anyone have a rough idea based on other updates?
    How about the quickest method of purchase and delivery?

My 13" MBP died last week as it was sick of the upgrades - 8gb ram, SSD and optibay mod
    Or travel - squashed into a crumpler with a DSLR, lenses and other gear.

Fingers crossed for better res than 1200x800 on the 13's or I will have to hope for a slimmed down 15

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

We don't know for sure, but based on this thread it looks like you will get them tomorrow.

3. zer0sum thread starter macrumors member

In Germany :D

4. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Most likely order from Apple.com tomorrow. Available in the store early next week.

5. lorax3 macrumors regular

lorax3

Baseline models will likely be at the Apple store and major chains tomorrow. Some authorized retailers may not get them until Friday. (Just due to various UPS delays).

If you are going to order online BTO expect delivery late next week or the week after.

6. profoshow macrumors member

in other words... Best Buy will most likely not have the exact computer i want tomorrow... 15" i7 hd matte screen.

7. alt macrumors regular

Apple stores (as well as some other authorized retailers) most likely already have them ready to go once they are announced.

8. lorax3 macrumors regular

lorax3

Probably not. I'm going to guess Glossy is standard on all sizes, with matte as a Build-To-Order option only.

Just be awake around 10PM PST tomorrow to place your order online :)

9. zer0sum, Feb 23, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2011

zer0sum thread starter macrumors member

...and the wait begins

:D

10. profoshow macrumors member

11. nbarnacle macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

How certain is it that the announcement would come at 10 am PST? Would that mean my local Apple store wouldn't sell me one till noon CST? Is it possible they will run out of stock?

I wonder because I would like to get one tomorrow but the Apple store is far so I must plan to fit it in my schedule.

12. slumpey326 macrumors 6502

does anyone think these will be available to purchase when the apple stores open first thing tomorrow morning. (i.e. I live in nyc, will they be available at 9am when the apple stores doors open)

I dont know how macbook pros have been usually released in the past.

13. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Usually they make their announcements in the morning Pacific time since Apple is based in California, but we don't know for sure.

14. slumpey326 macrumors 6502

yeah, but would that mean that the macbook pro's on display first thing tomorrow morning in nyc will be the old ones since the announcement wouldnt come till later on in the day.

how did it work with the last macbook pro update/

15. jbrenn macrumors 6502a

Don't you mean 10 am PST. They usually launch products in the morning.

16. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

What did you do to that poor computer? Upgrading shouldn't kill it off like that.

17. iTabone macrumors regular

18. zer0sum thread starter macrumors member

I think putting it in a messenger bag with all my stuff that weighs 13kg (~30lbs) and slinging it across my back for long walks through airports etc. did it more than the actual upgrades.

All , I know is it killed my 240gb SSD and then won't detect any drives on the primary sata port :( optical sata port is working ok as is FW, usb and everything else.

Guess I have to see what applecare says...

19. iTabone macrumors regular

Better put the OG parts in before sending it in.

20. vhp3 macrumors regular

They always have them at the applestore right after the official announcement. I know, because I typically upgrade every year. Last year I was able to pick up the 17" i7 matte without doing a built to order. Only 1 store out of 5 in my area had the matte. Also, they didn't have the new ones on display because it was so new. Hope this helps and good luck tomorrow.

21. iTabone macrumors regular

Yeah they usually have the Matte ones on-site at Apple Stores.

22. xdbuix macrumors 6502

so its safe to say that i'm not allowed to pick a 15" up at 10 am eastern time until 1 eastern time?

23. MarkyUK macrumors member

If I buy one online tomorrow - Can I expect it to be delivered Friday/Saturday?

24. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

Bump I am wondering this too. Only for CST and best place I could go would be best buy. So just wondering when they will have them on display.

25. nbarnacle macrumors newbie

Very helpful. Thank you.