New MBP batter in MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by yettimillan, Aug 23, 2009.

1. yettimillan macrumors regular

Hi, Can they new MBP batteries which have 7 hour life?? be used in the macbook aluminum ?

Thanks.

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

It is not impossible, it is not possible for most of society. It would be equivalent to a new custom battery, violate your warranty and would be about as expensive as purchasing a new machine.

3. mr.stinki macrumors 6502

If you're asking if it's possible to get the new 7-hour battery on the Aluminum MacBook, then no, you cannot. The new MacBook Pro with the 7-hour battery requires a different casing for the battery that your current MacBook doesn't have. If you really want the battery, your best option would be to sell your current MacBook and upgrade to the MacBook Pro 13''.

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

It doesn't fit in the 13" MacBook. :confused:

5. fibrizo macrumors 6502

fibrizo

If you were going through the trouble of modding, then you could strap 5 of these on...

http://www.powerstream.com/LLLF.htm

that would give you 16v x 110,000mah... compared to the 6000mah for the 7 hour battery.... you could probably get 128 hours of battery life... of course your macbook would weigh 20kg... But just consider that feature as THEFT Deterrent.

6. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

I wouldn't want an MBP's batter in my MB.

Sounds kinda dirty if you ask me :p

7. vant macrumors 65816

So... It'd still impossible since you didn't use the MBP's battery.

Please, don't try to be a smart ass.

8. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

I don't remember but I think the 13" uMB have the same connector on the logic board as the ones designed for the battery. If so, you can customize the separator bar and put in the new battery. It'll take some work, but it's not impossible.

The MBP's battery has the same connector as the ones they use in the Air for a while now. Apple pretty much universalized the connectors. Its just the shape that makes it fit.

9. nusynergy macrumors regular

nusynergy

i have one of these so called 7 hour battery and i have to say its doesn't last 7 hours. 4 hours at most on a full charge not using the Optical drive or having the keyboard light on and the screen brightness down below halfway.