New MBP battery life?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chuckm1020, Mar 26, 2010.

1. chuckm1020 macrumors regular

So i just got a new MBP 2.8ghz exactly a week ago. the day after i got it i did the battery calibration to it. I have had istat pro also to monitor temps. i noticed today that the battery health display went to 99% already. witch i thought was a bit odd. i decided to download cocunutbattery app and see what it said. It also says 99%. It says the original mAh rating is 6500 and mine is at 6453. it has been through 3 battery loadcycles also it says. Any ideas? i have heard alot of people with new batteries actually show i higher mAh rating than what its rated at. Any ideas? thankyou

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's quite normal for your battery health to fluctuate up and down over time. Unless it drops significantly (below 80%), you have nothing to worry about. In the future, you can use MRoogle to find dozens of existing threads where such common topics have already been discussed.

3. chuckm1020 thread starter macrumors regular

awesome thankyou so much. i did a search on regular google but couldnt find much. im going to have to try this mroogle. haha thanks :)