Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaka

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2006
I know no one can say when the new redesigned MBPs come out, but can anyone say for sure it'll be before 09? I'm in the market to ditch my MB and go pro, but the MB is still chugging along so I'm not sure if waiting makes sense or not. If it's in 09, I'll buy now. If it's predicted for the fall, I can wait.

amusiccale

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2007
With some evidence starting to materialize (the case photos, for instance), I would be almost certain that there will be an update to the MBP line before 09. The case design is dated, which has had people predicting a major redesign the last few release times.

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Searching would bring up a half dozen threads about Montevina and how it's coming out tomorrow.

These threads would also tell you that MacBook Pros with Montevina should be out in late July or August.

lars666

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2008
I know no one can say when the new redesigned MBPs come out, but can anyone say for sure it'll be before 09? I'm in the market to ditch my MB and go pro, but the MB is still chugging along so I'm not sure if waiting makes sense or not. If it's in 09, I'll buy now. If it's predicted for the fall, I can wait.

Couldn't have put my situation better. Exactely my big unanswered question, too ...

goodymatt

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2008
I am also in a similar situation. I wanted a new macbook pro for my birthday which was in june and i decided to not buy straight away because of the rumored new macbook coming out in Q3 2008. So i'm still waiting with the money just sat there waiting for the release of the new macbook pros. Should i just go and buy one? will they be released before christmas? don't know what to do really. ideally i would like to have my macbook by september 20th when university starts but i am starting to get the feeling that the new ones will not have been released by then. Does anyone know anything or have any advice? thanks.

niekverw

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2008
hehe,... if they dont have the new design now with montevina
then it certainly will be in begin 2009 when the nehalem comes out, because thats supposed to be a major upgrade, smaller components, faster etc., so they can build a smaller laptop... (this is my guess actually..)

hmm

muldul

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2008
West Sussex, England, UK
This is what puts alot of people off of buying new macs, because the next one i just around the corner. People have been talking about a revision of the macbook and macbook pro lines for a while. It will happen, but no one knows when, we can only make educated guesses. I would say, buy the pro only if you need it, but if your macbook is still sufficient, then hold out untill the next revision.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.