New MBP, Bluetooth Mouse Lagging\Poor Reception

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bella92108, Oct 28, 2008.

1. bella92108 macrumors 68000

Ok, so I had a powerbook then a macbook then got a macbook pro, then the new late 2008 macbook pro. All was fine with my Logitech bluetooth notebook mouse until this latest macbook pro. It sits about 3 feet at the most from where the mouse is and there are many times where the mouse works fine, but half the time it lags, and if you've ever experienced lagging mouse action (aka you anticipate where the pointer will be but it goes too far and you end up clicking the wrong thing) it's annoying as heck and I can't stand it. What changed on the new MBP from the previous 10 models that all worked fine? Bummer about this, makes graphics\audio editing super annoying. What do I do?

2. Nate025 macrumors regular

I'm not sure what's causing it for you, weird. I've had my Mighty Mouse for a few days now and haven't had a problem. There is some delay getting the devices to discover each other coming back from sleep mode, but once they're connected no problems whatsoever. I've even walked across the room and the mouse still works. Maybe Logitech or Apple will put out some new drivers soon. :confused:

3. bella92108 thread starter macrumors 68000

Yeah I'm guessing it's the mouse... agitating tho.

4. stooley macrumors regular

Yea I agree. That blows.

I have a Microsoft BT Notebook Mouse 5000 and do not have any issues what-so-ever.

5. mknawabi macrumors 6502

mknawabi

Sounds obvious, but try replacing the battery :)

6. bella92108 thread starter macrumors 68000

Yeh been there, done that,,, lol

7. bengtc macrumors regular

I have the same issues! I have a logitech v470 bluetooth mouse and when you move it fast the pointer can't keep up! I use it under boot camp in Vista and it works wonderfully. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

8. bella92108 thread starter macrumors 68000

Adding on to my initial post... replaced the mouse and the new bluetooth mouse is doing the same thing. This blows.... wishing I had my old MBP back :-(