New MBP case won't open

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mojojojo333, Nov 11, 2008.

1. mojojojo333 macrumors newbie

Just got my new MBP (which took forever to arrive btw), and couldn't resist the temptation to peek inside. However, the top-left screw seems to have misthreaded or something and won't come out. (It just turns round and round). I'm not that bothered since mine already has 4gb of ram and i can still get at the hard drive. Should I be concerned?

Btw I've had no other issues like the screen stories going round or the slanted keys, but the trackpad does seem to be dreadful under windows xp.

PS
    1st post - be gentle!

2. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Why would you want to take apart a brand new computer in the first place? :confused:

3. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

Are you referring to the screw that holds the HD in? If so, I have read other threads where people had a very hard time removing the screws to swap the HD. One person used a pair of pliers in the handle of the screw driver so that he could produce enough torque to remove the screw :eek:

4. mojojojo333 thread starter macrumors newbie

No the hard drive comes out fine, I'm talking about one of the screws that holds the bottom plate on. If I couldn't remove the harddrive I'd have sent it back by now!

5. jdwingnut macrumors regular

Consider this before saying you aren't bothered by it. If you DID have to get at the memory modules, you would not be able to.

It would be better if you addressed this with Apple now, instead of later when it really does matter. Just my opinion. Apple is known for some of the best customer service in any industry.

6. mojojojo333 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the advice man, I think I'll go to the apple shop tomorrow to ask them what they reckon. I'd hate to send it back as I will be without a computer. Maybe I'll wait till uni finishes for christmas and then send it back...