New MBP, clicky spacebar

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by john87, Oct 23, 2008.

1. john87 macrumors newbie

My spacebar seems to make a lot of noise, especially compared to the rest of the keys. Is this normal? Other than that, I love this thing so far (only had it out of the box for about an hour).

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

its right under your right thumb ay? i will go away ;)

3. john87 thread starter macrumors newbie

Huh? Confused... Anyway, does anyone notice that the space bar key is much louder than the other keys? Or is it just mine (it just doesn't seem to have that soft... squish... of the other keys).

4. ElJuanito macrumors newbie

I also have a brand new MBP... and indeed, the spacebar makes a 'click', where the other keys do not.

Not sure if this is a problem, though...

5. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

if it still works it isn't a problem

Do you know what it takes to replace a keyboard in the new macbook pro?? all that work for a click that may very well be normal.

6. munnstermac macrumors newbie

Its just stiff thats all, it will go away with wear. I really don't think you have anything to worry about but if you are concerned just give Apple a quick call and explain the situation. Im sure they will be able to give you some piece of mind and closure. Please don't talk about changing a keyboard on a mac laptop, I had hell with the Powerbook G4 and that wasn't even fixed in like the new keyboards, I got so annoyed I sold it on LOL.

7. Alchematron macrumors 6502a

Alchematron

I read about this characteristic.

I tried the spacebar at the store and it is loud compared to the MBP Classic. :(

8. vkt macrumors newbie

BREAKING NEWS:

In an effort to please consumers with overly sensitive hearing, and Techno-Atelophobia - Apple has released a new Keyboard Click Decibel rating system in their new computers' tech specs. :p

9. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

im sure you could of interpreted my post if you thought about it a bit longer ;). just give it some time and the sound will go away… trust me.

10. tacomahunter macrumors regular

tacomahunter

With my "classic" I had a squeak in mine that was driving me nuts. So off to the apple store in SLC and low and behold the genus bar fixed it... May want to give that a try if that is a option for you..

11. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

My last gen Air space key also was a little louder then the rest.

Maybe because it is the longest key or something, It really does not bother me.

12. hari-bhari macrumors regular

i know some people think this is just a minor issue but when you are in class typing and the spacebar is way loud, it gets distracting and obnoxious to everyone. im gonna go to the apple store and compare.

same thing with my trackpad, its loudddd when it clicks.

13. sarah3585 macrumors regular

sarah3585

My space bar isn't anymore clickly... but my right shift key *CLICK*