New MBP coming soon?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mastermind6192, Jan 8, 2010.

1. mastermind6192 macrumors member

mastermind6192

I hear Intel has released new chips that are rumored to go in an upcoming MBP:apple: refresh, and i was wondering if it's worth waiting for, and when will it be out?

2. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

Worth for the wait? Depends on what your working with now. In my opinion i think it would be worth checking out what apple will do with their next update. The updated i5 and i7 chips could make things interesting. If you can wait, do so! If you need the computer now, absolutely nothing wrong with the ones out now.

Oh and search in the forums. Tons of threads on this already! ;)

3. nStyle macrumors 65816

You can consider the fact that most people are not going to use the extra power an i5 or i7 will supply. Now of course there is the simple ideology that you want to get the best bang for your buck, but if you don't need it you don't need it. Cosmetically and design wise I highly doubt there will be any improvements or changes for quite a while.

4. prodigee macrumors 6502a

Although there are OVAR 9000!!! threads on this subject, I am pretty sure (no I dont know anything about it just using Apple's history) that there won't be a design change for at least another 3 years, remember they only changed to unibodies in late 2008, so really it hasn't been that long. And much like nStyle said even if there is the option for i5/i7 most people won't use all the power that it has to offer. I mean think about it, what do you do on your laptop that would require that much processing power (unless you do high res rendering, in which case, why the hell are you using a laptop for that?). I personally don't think Apple will use the Arrandale chips because they use so much battery power, it would totally destroy the almost all day computing goal they met with the mid-09 MBP refresh.

Thats just my $.02.

5. Gabriel GR macrumors 6502a

Gabriel GR

6. shambo macrumors 6502a

shambo

Just BBP's from now on. :D