"New" MBP Delivery Issue!!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iTim314, May 31, 2007.

1. iTim314 macrumors 6502

I posted this in "New MacBook Pro's on Tuesday, June 5th?" topic, but it's being posted in so fast my post is being swept away.

Here's the deal: New MacBook Pro's on Tuesday; this presents a bit of a problem for us. We JUST purchased a new MacBook Pro, simply because we HAD to have it in our possesion no later than next thursday (June 7th).

Now, We ordered ours just this Tuesday, (May 29th). Now I read somewhere that in a case where you order a computer JUST before an update, and you were scheduled not to recieve it until after the update date, they ship you the new computer with the configuration you ordered?

IF this rumor is true, and IF they ship us the new comp, will it be in by June 7th? We're leaving on a 3 week vacation on Friday the 8th, and we HAVE to have a computer with us for Work and Financial reasons.

So two Questions:
    1) If Updated, will we get the 'new' MBP (not so important)
    2) Will we still recieve it no later than June 7th? (very important.)

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

The earliest the MBP's will be updated is June 11th. So, if you need it before then, then no, you won't get a new one. It's not even certain they will come out, but we are all hoping!