New MBP & Disappointing Incase Neoprene??

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by polycat33, Aug 1, 2007.

1. polycat33 macrumors 6502

I read about one other person having this issue in a review on Apples website, and I was wondering if it's widespread or if I just got an old version.

I bought an Incase Neoprene sleeve a couple days before I got my new MBP back in June. I got the MBP and when I put it in the sleeve it didn't fit as snugly as I had hoped. I kinda shrugged it off at the time thinking maybe they just aren't designed to fit as snug as I thought.

Over the weekend I saw two of my friends with new MacBooks have neoprene sleeves that fit like a glove. I realized that maybe mine doesn't fit right because it was possibly designed to custom fit a previous version of the MBP with slightly different dimensions. Does this sound correct? And if so, does anyone have any guesses as to when Incase will have a custom fit case that fits this computer well? It fits fine width wise (the long ways) but depth wise the case is about an inch/inch and a half deeper than the computer is. I'm pretty disappointing now that I know how well these incase sleeves can fit!!

2. aye5882 macrumors member

hey, i have the 1st gen MBP (Core Duo) and also a baby blue Incase Neoprene case. It fits pretty snug w/ only about 1/4 of an inch to the zipper of the case. I bought it about a week after the bought the laptop. It does sound like you have the wrong case... but i don't think the older PB's have that much of a drastic dimensional change from the MBP's. You might've bought a case made for another brand?? :confused:

i would go to the apple store and bring your mbp w/ you to make sure the case fits properly

3. polycat33 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, too late to do that now. I was so excited and so sure I wanted THAT case that I bought it before I even had the computer, never thinking that it might not fit. Of course in the future I will not be sure to try the computer in the case before buying.

I wonder if they're still selling the ones that don't fit the new models quite right? I wanted to ask when I was in the apple store today but they had ZERO selection of bags (they had a corner about a foot wide with some cases squeezed in, hidden a bit as if they don't want to deal with it - it's a slightly small store compared to others) so I didn't even mention it. Also, I'm not sure if I want to know - I've had this case for about a month and a half so I can't really make a case (no pun intended, hah) for returning it. I've known it didn't fit right, it's only just now I've realized the reason and that it could be fixable.

In any case, it's not a huge issue, no, the dimensions aren't that different that it's useless, it's just about an inch too big in that direction, which makes it a little lose on the top and bottom because of that extra material. But it still does its job. I'd sell it on eBay and buy a new one if they started making them the right size. But for now I'll stick with it.

4. polycat33 thread starter macrumors 6502

No, it's definitely a 15". It's not THAT badly fitting.

As I said, another person has commented (as a review) on apple's site that this case doesn't fit the new MBP's correctly.

5. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Yeah it's a very loose fit on my new MBP and even on my old aluminum Powerbook. A little annoying that it's sort of marketed for the MBP yet seems to be designed for the fit of a generic 15" laptop.

6. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

if it was designed for a previous revision, it would have more room. This revision is the smallest yet.