Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
I really hate to get into this but the keyboard is not used as a vent and this is obvious for two reasons:

1) Clamshell mode.

2) The GPU/CPU/North Bridge are , yes, under the keyboard area, but heatpipes move the bulk of the heat from that area to the heatsinks which are then cooled off by the fans , blowing the hot air outward in the back vent.

parasvati

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2010
help! my new aluminum unibody has a stain on it!

:eek:Arrgh. I just got my brand new lovely brushed aluminum unibody macbook pro about a week ago, and only today I noticed this weird stain on its closed top corner, as though it were in the aluminum. Gentle rubbing does not help. What could it be? It almost looks like a water ring, if you hold it up to light just right. But no cup bottom could have conformed to the curved outer rim of the laptop, which is how the circular stain sits. And no one was here to even commit such a heinous act as putting a cup on my new laptop, anyway. It's just bizzarre. I waited so long for it and now this. Can anyone help me? I loathe the thought of packing it up and sending it back. I'm so bummed. How do I get it out?:confused::(

imnofanboy

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2010
My MBP hasn't arrived yet but I already have taken precaution to prevent such an issue by buying the Moshi Keyguard and the Shaggy Mac. This combo will be ideal in preserving the keyboard and display.

Drudkh

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2009
UAE
I have a Moshi keyboard skin on my MBP to keep dirt and dust from getting into the MBP. Since I can wash the skin, I can reduce germs too. Unlike conventional PC keyboard that I can take it apart to wash. I would strongly recommend you buy some kind of protector for the keyboard.

Jeremyyllim

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2010
We have to look into it... The air ventilation flows out from the left of the keyboard and somehow we might feel the heat though... if you have the keyboard protector and it may block the air ventilation and cause the board to be damaged or some noise occur..

eyeyen

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2010
I have a Moshi keyboard skin on my MBP to keep dirt and dust from getting into the MBP. Since I can wash the skin, I can reduce germs too. Unlike conventional PC keyboard that I can take it apart to wash. I would strongly recommend you buy some kind of protector for the keyboard.

This and a Shaggy Mac cover. :D

Jenko

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
Hi, I would recommend the moshi keyboard cover 100%.
I recently purchased my first ever apple product, MBP 15" i7, which after 10 years of Dell desktop PC is just an amazing product and impossible to compare.
Anyway sorry got a little sidetracked, I have had the keyboard cover on always since about a month ago and it has not left any major marks on the screen.
All I do is wipe the screen weekly and any smudges are gone.

The other point is my 2 year old daughter managed to spill some juice on the keyboard last week but thanks to the cover I am not having to post for help on Mac Rumors Forum on how to clean my MBP or find a way to claim it on my apple care.

Sorry for the rant, short version just buy it it is the best and cheapest form of insurance available.
PS: It does not cause any extra temperature rise in the MBP and like I said I have not experienced any scratches or marks on my glossy screen and it also keeps your keyboard dust and grease free. Hope this helped a little.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.