New MBP experience. Is this right?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by scoobierules, Jan 9, 2009.

1. scoobierules macrumors member

scoobierules

I recently moved from an Imac 3.06 to the new MBP 2.4. I upgraded the ram to 4gb and replaced the hard drive with a 500gb WD. Since I upgraded, I have had issues with errors on the hard drive, I constantly get the beach ball and it seems to be more sluggish. I know that I dropped in speed. But, I always thought the MBP were made for more demanding work and the one I have seems to only handle the basics.

By the way, I have tested the entire system with tech tool pro and the hardware test that Apple uses( they left in my old machine). No issues according to the test. But, it just does not seem right. Any suggestions?

I have used Mac for about 7 years and while it beats the hell out of windows, I want my MBP to do more.

2. darkcurse macrumors 6502a

darkcurse

How did you rebuild your system? Did you fresh install Leopard or did you clone your old hard disk over to your new one? Have you tried setting up a new user account, swapping out the RAM for the Apple original ones? When and in what applications do the beach balls occur? The sluggishness could be due to the new hdd's RPM speed.