new mbp for keynote presentations

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by prosty41, Apr 27, 2015.

1. prosty41 macrumors member

Hello,

I just ordered the new 2015 mbp and one of the things I will be doing is traveling and giving keynote presentations.

Foolishly, I did not realize that my mbp did not have the standard VGA adapter. My questions:

1. Since I travel and use different projectors, I cant always know which technology each unit will support. Do most projectors these days have a female HDMI port or do I NEED the VGA apple adapter?

2. If I use a standard HDMI cable from MBP into projector, are my audio options limited to whatever speaker system is hooked into the projector or can I still hook speakers into the MBP and run sound that way despite sending video/visuals to the projector via the HDMI?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

1. Most projectors these days have a HDMI port.

2. Yes you can, that's what I do. Basically, just plug in your desired speakers via the 3.5mm jack and then manually select the audio output via System Preferences → Sound → Output

3. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

Since you never know what you might run into it's worthwhile to get MDP to VGA and DVI adapters. They aren't that expensive and easy to carry. Why risk not having the right adapter?