New MBP heating concerns?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Calsef, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Calsef macrumors newbie

I'm extremely close to buying my new MBP after quite the wait. Anyway, my question is:

Has this update at all alleviated the overheating problems that the MBPs were plagued with before. I know it wont be completely solved, but will the reduction in power usage at least cause a noticeable difference in machine heat?

2. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

It will be cooler but not significant it will hot on the outside due to the Materials used but not hot enough to make it uncomfortable so just get one and don't worry.

3. iBallz macrumors 6502

iBallz

Mine gets way hot, so I installed Fancontrol and that helped a lot. Still runs fine when hot, maybe a bit slower, but I hope the new ones run cooler. My wifes 17" runs a bit cooler than my 15" MBP.

4. tennisplaayer11 macrumors member

Plus there's a lot of accessories that you can buy to help reduce the heat.

5. Calsef thread starter macrumors newbie

great

thanks. If you guys can deal with it guess so can I...I'm sure i'll be posting on here in 3 weeks asking what fancontrol is...

6. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

Are you still running on the older Core Duos?

7. iBallz macrumors 6502

iBallz

8. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

That's weird! Mine is a 2.16 C2D with 2GB RAM as well. It runs just as cool as my brothers 2.2 SR MBP with 4GB RAM. Both are the 15-inch models.

Now my old 2.0 CD MBP was a whole different story. I had to run SMC Fan Control on that machine even if I was just using iChat, iTunes, and running a few tabs on Safari.

9. iBallz macrumors 6502

iBallz

Yeah, that is weird. :confused:

I'd still rather stare at the Sun with binoculars than go back to an HP or Dull!