New MBP heavier and w/ better speakers than first uMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shoulin333, Jun 24, 2009.

1. shoulin333 macrumors 6502a

Well i have a first gen 15" uMBP base model. I have had 2 and they were both the same.

First off my dad's friend brought over his new base model 15" uMBP with the SD card slot.

Things i noticed:

- Weight -- Noticeably heaver (Maybe they made the bottom thicker because they did away with that support bar that ran accross where the old door use to latch?)

- Screen brightness -- increased color gambit, i dont think so looked exactly the same, except the new screen is much less "instant on" when the back light comes on it sort of turns on with a gradient where mine just "bink and it is on"

- Sound (The bass and overall sound.. even the start up gong noise is much better on the new model)

... sorry for this ugly looking post but i just thought i would post the comparison.

2. dogtanian macrumors 6502

dogtanian

Interesting mini-review! Glad to hear about the speaker as I use mine whilst in the bathroom/shower/loo.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Interesting. I guess I can't compare to the previous unibody, but I find the speakers on the June 09 MBPs to be much, much worse than their "Classic" MBP speaker counterparts. Hardly any bass response at all.