New Mbp Help Urgent

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mbopy22, Jul 9, 2010.

1. mbopy22 macrumors 6502

mbopy22

Hi
    I think I messed up my brand new (2hours old) MBP
    Is the 13" 2010 recently bought from amazon

So it came, I wanted to pass all my data from my time machine back up
    After it did it I checked but not all of my data was there, some stuff were there some not, so I decided to delete everything and start all over, but I can´t seem to make the full erase and install, I have followed the instruction on the install dvd for OSX but all I get is Snow Leopard installing again, not the option of erase everything and put it back to factory settings.

Any help?

I have press the "C" button (or is should be control:confused:) as described in this tutorial from apple, but with no luck. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3910

Please help me, all I want is to have my MBP completely back to factory settings again

THANKS

BTW. right now I´m using Carbon Copy Cloner with my BlackBook just to make sure I get everything copied and then re install everything on the new MBP. Any help on how to do that will be appreciated. I´m guessing time machine should do it right?
    I can´t use the Migration Assistant Directly cause I don´t have a Firewire cable that fits my BlackBook and the MBP. I did not know (until today) the the MBP did not have FW 800 :mad:

NEVER MIND
    I guessed I got it now... it seems to be working... however the question on how to pass all my data from by external HDD (using Carbon Copy Cloner) to the new MBP is still to be answered heeh

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Boot from the install disk and select Disk Utility from Menu Bar and erase the HD with it. Then exit DU and install OS X. You can connect the Macs with Ethernet cable and use Migration Assistant

3. mbopy22 thread starter macrumors 6502

mbopy22

Just with a normal Ethernet Cable??? or it has to be a special one?

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Normal one is fine

5. mbopy22 thread starter macrumors 6502

mbopy22

thanks.
    I just did the full erase and install without any problems... everything is back to normal and the world is in peace :p
    :apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

I´ll see what I do to pass all my data from the blackbook to the MBP :eek: