new mbp i7 bottom case. Normal?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by djvic87, Jul 27, 2010.

1. djvic87 macrumors regular

Hey guys. I just got my new i7 15 and It's awseome!

I know I might be flamed with this post.. bear with me, I searched the forum and I couldn't find a similar post. However, I noticed that whenever i hold up my mbp, I feel as if the bottom case is wobbely towards the right side. For example, whenever I touch/push the the right side of the bottom case, it feels as if its more bented than towards the left side. I'm not trying to sound picky, it's just that I don't want this to become a serious problem later on. I just got it and I want to make sure that I don't go back to the apple store looking like an idiot complaining about a possible common issue Any response is welcome, thanks.

2. circularforward macrumors 6502

On my i7 15, there's very slight marks from where the bottom was resting against the magsafe adapter in the box. When I take the lid off and hold it against the light, I can make out where the 4 magsafe corners were touching the lid. But no wobble. Have you looked to see if all the screws are tight?

3. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

Unscrew the button and re-adjust it when screwing it back together. Also follow a criss-crossing star pattern when starting the screws and then when tightening them.
    Unless you are having other problems, this is the easiest fix rather than exchanging for another which may have other problems. If you do not feel comfortable doing it, take a trip to the apple store and have a genius do it for you. It might even turn out that your bottom plate is slightly warped, and you could get a new one if the genius cannot get it level by adjusting it.

4. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

I just got my MBP and noticed this. If I put my wrist on the right side it will wobble between resting on the front right or the back left foot. I tried it on a couple surfaces to see if that is the problem but it seems like it isn't level...did you end up doing anything to solve this?

5. andrew086 macrumors regular

Mine does that too. It was even worse before though - it was so bad I had to return it because it would wobble while I'm typing (not all over the place, but it was still distracting). I tested it on multiple surfaces and can confirm that the second one was much more flush.

6. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

On a flat surface I can slide an SD card under the bottom right, and then it doesn't wobble. So the difference is about an 1/8 of an inch.

I think I will bring it in and see what they can do at the Apple store. Our tax free weekend is over so it shouldn't be too bad...