New MBP,IM DYINNN

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by xstaycold, Aug 7, 2011.

1. xstaycold macrumors newbie

I am dyin over here waiting for the new mbp release. It's really testing my willpower right now. I'm ready to just order one now. But I'd love to see a new refresh and ODD-less design come out. Someone talk me down. give me strength to wait.

2. macdudesir macrumors 6502

Macbook pros now are FREAKIN LOUD! my friend has one while were trying to Skype i hear his fan roaring in the background...so I'm just like whats your CPU temp? 76C...the redesign should have better cooling..that help? :D

3. Adamantoise macrumors 6502a

When it comes to computers, if you can afford to wait, it just means you don't really need one.

I personally don't understand why you'd want to wait. You're putting your faith in unsubstantiated rumors. What exactly is wrong with the current line of Pros that you're hoping a refresh addresses?

4. awer25 macrumors 65816

awer25

It's only a computer - if it causes you this much stress you should see a psychiatrist.

5. marc11 macrumors 68000

You DO KNOW that after the next refresh there will be another, then another, then another, right? If you need now buy now, if you do not need now, buy when you need one and buy what you need not what the internet says might could be coming some day in the next near future day, week, year!

6. xstaycold thread starter macrumors newbie

YESSS i knowww. but it'd be nice to get a BRAND new one compared to buying one and having it update 3 months later.

7. Minhthien macrumors 6502

Don't stress out, its not healthy for your health! You might get a heart-attack before the next refresh! :D Just buy it now and sell it if you like the newer model. You will not be loosing so much money!

8. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

they are all brand new whenever you buy ... maybe a valium would help :cool:

9. Tshapi macrumors regular

I am with the thread starter. I am waiting for a case re-design. I have a black macbook late 2007 and i am waiting for the next refresh.

i say wait. I see a new case design. I see at least a Hybrid SSD/HDD set up if not completly SSD. Plus, its possible it will be ODD free, making it thinner and Lighter and more portable. and hopefully faster and more powerful, cause lack of ODD can mean more hard drive space or better dedicated GPU or maybe even multiple CPU's.

The point is I agree in waiting for the major re-design. cause IMO that one will be designed and optimized to use all aspects of lion. the current generation was optomized for the latest snow leopard build not Lion. yes Lion runs on it and runs fine. but lion is designed for macbook air style computers. instant on capabilities and such.

10. Ivan3387 macrumors newbie

11. Driver8 macrumors newbie

the redesign is probably going to be late spring,summer 2012

12. hyperlinkz macrumors newbie

any source?

13. Tshapi macrumors regular

You really think they will wait for Ivy Bridge? the average update is 10 months which is christmas eve. the way i see it. it will either be in Oct. or Nov. or the beginning of next year much like last year on steve's bday

14. 2hvy4grvty macrumors 6502

Keep this thread alive. OP going for the record!

15. Lennyvalentin macrumors 6502a

Lennyvalentin

Lol! Well, you know, some people are just plain BAD at waiting, including myself, and I'm a big geek at heart who tend to geek out at new shiny cool things.

Right now I'm reeeal antsy because the Thunderbolt Display is taking forever to be released, and I do in fact need a new screen. The current one I'm using is a TN panel Dell monitor from 2005, it has the slowest pixel response time I've seen in ages, and the LCD panel in it is quite literally dying (the pixels are fading along the left-hand side of the panel, and it suffers from pretty severe burn-in too (although it's not burn-in per se, but the real-world effect is very similar.))

16. tombubi macrumors regular

Maybe you can get an base line air for now to play with. If you do like the new one released next year, you can always sell your air and buy the pro then.

17. xstaycold thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I have considered that also, but I think I'm just gonna put my willpower to the ultimate test and wait for the next refresh. If it's just a minor spec bump and they wait to release the thin 15", I might try to wait for the refresh after THAT to get ivy bridge.

18. Titanium81 macrumors 6502a

Titanium81

19. xstaycold thread starter macrumors newbie

i sooo can't wait. i really hope they ditch the ODD and give me some more enticing internal upgrades.

20. Epic Xbox Revie macrumors 6502a

Epic Xbox Revie

Guys, there will always be a "NEW MBP" coming along. Live in the present. If you need, or even want something get it. If you want to wait, wait patiently, and don't complain when you get something that is already outdated when it is released.:rolleyes:

21. mark28 macrumors 68000

Redesign is expected at the end of the year, around X-mas time.

Well, if you already have a MBP, then you should definitely wait, cause the 2011 just looks the same as all the older models.

If you don't got a MBP already, you can get one now I guess.