New MBP Indication?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by r00, Jan 21, 2008.

1. r00 macrumors member

2. JWest macrumors 6502

That wasn't really an "update", just a silently released BTO option.

3. mhml92 macrumors member

yeah but look at the buyers guide.. that 6 month "rule" is just an average

186 days (buyers guide)

4. r00 thread starter macrumors member

My point exactly. Why does everyone think there will be an update today?

5. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Because they're greeedy! The Buyer's Guide got this one wrong; the Macbook Pros aren't seeing an update for a while.

6. r00 thread starter macrumors member

After looking at the Buyer's Guide I suppose it makes some sense but since I'm new to this site has the "average" held true?

7. heatmiser macrumors 68020

The average changes with each update, as it's simply based on the time between all previous updates. A better guide is to look at the lengths for the last two or three updates. Personally, I doubt there'll be anything new before early summer if there's nothing new by the end of the month. And I don't think there's anything coming this month, so...

8. daveseibert macrumors newbie

Wouldn't there be some kind of waiting period before a major update of the MBP after the MBA? Maybe Apple doesn't want to distract from "the world's thinnest laptop", or...have to update their front page.

9. cane creek macrumors member

10. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

The current 2.6GHz has a 4MB cache. The Penryn 2.6GHz will come with the 6MB cache

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Move on with your lives people.

12. ~~Hello~~ macrumors 6502

Because its due an update. The late 2007 processor and hard drive configuration options don't really class as an upgrade at all! An upgrade is where processor speeds etc etc are upgraded on all models, not added as an option!

13. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Hey, look! No update! Guess that means it "must" be coming next Tuesday, right guys??? Let's keep waiting! All aboard the train to nowhere! It's still at the station, and the engine's missing, but that only means it's about to start and take us outta here! Toot toot! Keep waiting! :D

14. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

You guys and gals remind me of us former Mac Pro waiters. Good luck with the update. Hope it come soon for ya. Just ignore the yawns. They should stop reading the threads on MBP updates if they don't care.

15. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

Ignorant poster is ignorant.

16. jade macrumors 6502

The case is missing some of the newer innovations of the MB and MBA so I think they are upcoming.

17. hockeysc23 macrumors regular

Its going to come but lets wait for some concrete evidence. It is way overdue though so hopefully we see something soon.

18. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

You're wrong, I will make you eat those words :p

19. jasper v macrumors newbie

even if they update it the only thing that is faster are the SSE4 Supported programs and those are only some of the video rendering tools photoshop is only 3% faster and the batery last 45Minits longer(if you only do browsing of course)

maybe a Active backlight. and standert 1980x1100 screen but just do the math how much fast parts cost right now. 7200RPM harddrives for notebooks are still expansive so it will still be a option... the wolfdale will be a beter option and since intel will release them some where in april/June that means that you can expect a WAY FASTER mac book in 5 to 6 months time.;)

just look at other notebook vendors they all kinda skip the Penry's cause of the wolfdales that will be shipping soon and than they will be left with (some what) expansive Penry's and than the wolfdale comes and than they have sell those. only Dell and sony have some penry's and the only thing that makes them faster is the 6MB L2 cache,SSE4 and the 45NM proces thats all for the rest its just Smalled down version of the Current Merom.

20. 7even macrumors 6502a

Thought Wolfdale WAS of the Penryn family? :confused: Are you thinking of Nehalem?

21. jasper v macrumors newbie

Yep sorry Nehalem is what iam talking about ;) made a small mistake.:rolleyes: