New MBP issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by revokin, Oct 16, 2008.

1. revokin macrumors member

revokin

This is my first Mac. I noticed that on the front right the battery doesn't seem to totally seat into place like on the left and kinda sticks out a little. Anyone else have this problem? Should I take it back?

Attached Files:

2. Macbook noob macrumors newbie

I just got my new macbook pro and it does not look like that. I would take the battery closing off and see if it was just snapped in wrong. If that doesn't fix it, i would return it or since its under warrantee, send it in.

3. strikeinsilence macrumors 6502

That looks bad. Take it back! It would bug me if I had to look at it everyday.

4. Empyre macrumors member

yeah, definitely dont settle just because its the new deal....you want to have what you paid for which is a properly constructed piece of machinery :D Take it back and get you a new unit!

5. shoulin333 macrumors 6502a

looks like one of the hooks isn't caught..

try taking to door off and put it back in place, if not take it back 4 sure

6. Phrasikleia macrumors 601

Phrasikleia

7. revokin thread starter macrumors member

revokin

I tried taking the bottom plate off to see if it just wasn't hooked on correctly or something but it's fine. I guess it's just a manufacturing mistake. If you press it together tightly it will line up like it should be as soon as you let go it sticks back out. It's like the HDD is stopping it from seating correctly.

Another thing is the screen. If I hold the laptop by the keyboard/bottom part and kind of tilt the laptop towards me while it' s open the screen will close. Like the hinges are loose.

Would this be something they could just fix in the store by giving me another laptop or something that they would send off and I would be without my new Mac? I would think they would just my current HDD in a new laptop and be done with it.

8. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

The screens move very freely on the models I picked up in the Apple Store. It did surprise me when the screen swiveled shut when I was looking at the bottom panel.

9. Phrasikleia macrumors 601

Phrasikleia

Really? That doesn't sound good at all. My last two models had really tight screens that only moved when I wanted them to.

10. rmarinheira macrumors member

Relating screen looseness, we must not forget we are dealing with 2 different kind of hinges.

On the older MBP, when we pressed the opening button, the screen just jumped to a semi opened position (due to the springs on the hinges).

On the new on, this initial movement is made solely by the user.

So, in my opinion the new MBP should be compared with for example the MB Air, that has a similar technique...

Does it makes any sense?

Regards

11. fleali88 macrumors regular

yeah i noticed that in a couple reviews on youtube, the guy held it down and the screen fell shut, im not sure if i like that or not. but about the battery lining up issuse, on the old macbooks almost all of them the battery sank like 1 mil lower than teh case and you could feel it, i hope these dont do that, maybe some input from other owners can verify if theirs does it.