New MBP just bought in store came with SL

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Young Spade, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Just letting everyone know mine came with SL. I get the consensus around here is that everything ships with Lion. I pretty much read up on it, prepared myself for the plethora of errors and whatnot and lo and be hold, I turn it on, restore from my TM backup, and I have SL on 10.6.7.

I also have 2 SL disks that came with the machine.

So yea guys, if you really want SL or don't want to get a machine with Lion pre-installed, ask them in store if they have any older models.

2. shstiger2009 macrumors 6502

You are eligible for a free upgrade to Lion, if I'm not mistaken. By the way, the reason you got SL as default is because these systems shipped months ago. Only the new systems that came out after Lion was released ship with Lion, such as the new MacBook Airs, Mac Minis, etc.

3. AdrianK macrumors 68020

Not so, there are people getting MBPs delivered with Lion. The store the OP bought theirs from must have had surplus MBPs that didn't all get sold before the 'Lion' MBP shipments arrived.

4. Young Spade thread starter macrumors 68020

Yea I know I can get it for free, I don't really want it right now though with the bugs some people are having with certain programs. That and I'm pretty comfortable with SL.

But yea, it's the one in Jacksonville FL and is the ONLY Apple store that I know of in north florida. Nearest is in Orlando and that's a good 3 hours away.

They probably have a surplus of everything there as they must have to service a very large number of people.

I'm content: it surprised me at first not having the scrolling inverted since that's what everyone notices first. Then expose worked as I had it months ago.

5. shstiger2009 macrumors 6502

Ahh, I see. Common in most retail stores, haha.

6. udontno macrumors regular

udontno

You don't want it right now, but you might as well snag your free download and put it on a flash drive or burn it to a disk in case you want that upgrade later.

7. adztaylor macrumors 68000

I agree, at least get it while it's free. Even if you're not going to use it yet.

8. Young Spade thread starter macrumors 68020

Oh of course; I just got home actually so I'll be able to download some stuff. Before now I jumped between Panera bread and Starbucks: Both with crappy wifi of course.

I'll be up all night getting new software and customizing the machine.