New MBP, kernel panic

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by djp2, Mar 23, 2011.

1. djp2 macrumors member

Just got my 13" i5 MBP today, and within a couple of hours of using it I got a message telling me that my computer needs to be restarted in several languages. Apparently this is a kernel panic? I searched MRoogle and saw that people usually recommend doing an Apple Hardware test, which I did, and...nothing. Why would my MBP be crashing right out of the box? What are the chances that I have a lemon?

(More info: I was testing out Handbrake encoding speeds when it happened. Also had music streaming to an AirPort Express through iTunes, and was surfing the web. Is that honestly enough to cause a 2011 MBP to crash?)

2. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

3. djp2 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your reply. I did download and install all of the updates that popped up when I was first setting up the MacBook, including 10.6.7.

I've been using it all day today though with no problems, so there's probably nothing major wrong with it? Maybe it was just a fluke.

4. fahmiabad macrumors newbie

i found on the net that most mbp 2011 user experiences the issue while browsing internet tethering from iphone using cable. It happens to me