Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GazeboHeartAtck

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2011
Hey guys,

Today, I finally got my new MacBook pro. Very exciting, but after using it for a little while I found that my F key came off. I don't know how this happened, nothing weird happened. I was able to click it back on and it seems fine. My question: Should I take it to an Apple store? I ordered it online because I swapped the hard drive so I don't know that they could help me with this. Also, the key seems fine now.

Any words of advice? Am I just too cautious because I want my brand new MacBook to be 200% ok?

iMackPro

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2011
Hey guys,

Today, I finally got my new MacBook pro. Very exciting, but after using it for a little while I found that my F key came off. I don't know how this happened, nothing weird happened. I was able to click it back on and it seems fine. My question: Should I take it to an Apple store? I ordered it online because I swapped the hard drive so I don't know that they could help me with this. Also, the key seems fine now.

Any words of advice? Am I just too cautious because I want my brand new MacBook to be 200% ok?

can you not simply put it back in place kind of push hard on it and have it click back it? i had a key do that but it was a easy fix because no plastic broke on it, if not then of course jet go to the apple store! they will fix it in a jiffy!

PS: have you noticed the new keys being more "mushy" and less of a plastic feel? compared to your last mac? i have and while some do not like it i love it, im pretty sure it helps increase my wpm

GazeboHeartAtck

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2011
can you not simply put it back in place kind of push hard on it and have it click back it? i had a key do that but it was a easy fix because no plastic broke on it, if not then of course jet go to the apple store! they will fix it in a jiffy!

PS: have you noticed the new keys being more "mushy" and less of a plastic feel? compared to your last mac? i have and while some do not like it i love it, im pretty sure it helps increase my wpm

Yeah, I guess it clicked back fine. I like the keys, but this my first Mac so I don't really have anything to compare it to.

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
If the key clicks back on, nothing was broken so you don't have anything to worry about. Enjoy your new mbp, don't let the paranoia get to you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.