New MBP Keyboard

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by andyfoster, Jul 31, 2008.

1. andyfoster macrumors newbie

Hello all. I am new to Apple having been a PC user for ever. I've been holding off buying my first MBP for a while as I have heard that a new version is being released soon. One thing I've read is that the new MBP will have a MBA style keyboard. Personally I'm not sure whether this would be better than the existing Keyboard on the MBP. What do others who have used both think? I'd love to know what opinions people have of both these keyboards and I guess, when considering what other 'improvements' may come this could be a bit of a needless worry. Thanks in advance for your comments and opinions.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Please post your keyboard opinions in one of the existing threads about Montevina MacBook Pros. Thank you.

3. andyfoster thread starter macrumors newbie

This wasn't a keyboard opinion, it was a question about the Macbook Pro. Posted in the Forum called Macbook Pro, Powerbook would seem like a good place. Like I said, I never used Macs and was looking for help. from a knowledgeable, helpful group.
    Thanks.

4. AGIPSY macrumors regular

This is a perfectly good place to post your question.

I love the current mbp keyboards. The keys are springy, and have a nice feeling and response to them. I've never owned a computer with the chiclet style keyboard, but have used them on some of my friends' macbooks. I found that the keys are placed a little further apart than i think, but i personally have small hands. I also don't really like the way it feels when i push the keys. However, I'm sure if I owned one I'd get used to it and have no problems with it. Ultimately, I think either way you go you'll be happy, it IS an apple product. I'm just partial to the current mbp style keyboards.

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Oh, I know that you're in the right place. Your question has just been answered dozens of times over in the existing threads, which is why forum policy is to post in an existing thread first.

Having tried them both, I can say that I just slightly prefer the current keyboard over the chiclet one. I really have no qualms typing on either of them. As such, I would not be grievously disappointed if they didn't keep the current one.

6. pinktank macrumors 6502

I like both, the chiclet one has a slight learning curve but once you adjust its quite allright

7. EV0LUTION macrumors 6502

EV0LUTION

I found the keys to be spaced more than other keyboards and it took me about 2 days to become proficient with the keyboard, though I still have trouble with the "P" key... Damn you little finger!:p

8. sammy2066 macrumors 6502a

If they change the keyboard on the MBP, I think it wouldn't be too far fetched for me to shoot someone at Apple, provided I had a gun someplace nearby. :p