New mbp: laggy pointer after sleep?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macRat17, Dec 27, 2007.

1. macRat17 macrumors member

macRat17

The trackpad seems to be unresponsive after waking up from sleep mode. Other than that, the system itself is not laggy. Anyone else with this problem?

2. DHagan4755 macrumors 6502a

DHagan4755

I, too, have experienced the same thing and am curious if there's a solution.

3. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

4. Osprey macrumors 6502

I just posted a similar post today. This one isn't exactly unresponsive, it just seems not as precise. Are you running Leopard?

5. macRat17 thread starter macrumors member

macRat17

yea leopard. Its annoying that you have to restart the machine to clear it up.

6. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

Mine doesn't seem to be laggy, I just can't find the damned thing for a few seconds.

7. brock2621 macrumors 6502a

brock2621

Yup! Just experienced this for the first time last night. It is kinda annoying if you're trying to get something done quickly. When is the next Leopard update due?

8. Osprey macrumors 6502

Well at least you guys were smart enough to realize that you weren't just imagining things. I bought the MBP for my husband's birthday on Dec. 17. I thought that maybe I was just being too critical. It responds so differently than my trackpad and I am running Tiger. I too hope they get this fixed soon as I really want everything to be perfect on his since this is his first mac. I don't want him to become frustrated.

9. soms macrumors 6502

soms

Same thing happens to me on Leopard when it resumes from sleep. When I try to move the mouse it goes all haywire and crazy. Happens on startup sometimes too, but that may just be slow bootup or something.