New MBP last week, should I have waited?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by glocke12, Jan 7, 2008.

1. glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

I just bought a 15" 2.2 gig MBP last week (after being a windows user for ten years), than I start hearing all this stuff about mac world, new processors, etc..

Should I have waited to get my MBP? Will the newer MBP's be really that drastic of a change?

2. wasimyaqoob macrumors 6502a

Hey, I'm in the same position as you, I just bought a new MBP 2.4ghz with 4GB's of RAM and I'm now thinking oops! maybe i shouldnt of waited.

However, it's not like I use my machine for loads of high demanding tasks, only student stuff and gaming, therefore the new current MBP will be more than enough for me with the 4GB RAM!

Just depends on what your going to use it for really...

Hope this helps!

3. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

Mebbe waiting might have been a good idea, but look at this way - you've got a superb machine, and even if something new appears, your MBP will STILL be a superb machine, which will give you years of good service.

I wouldn't sweat it - whatever and whenever you buy, it's gonna wind up out of date before too long (that goes for my MBP too! lol)

4. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

While the Penryn might run cooler, there is nothing major coming in terms of speed, capabilities or architecture for the next MacBook Pro. Enjoy it. Great machine!

5. yoak macrumors 65816

yoak

And even if they announce new MBP, it could be weeks before they ship, and even longer before you actually get your hands on one.
    Enjoy what you got, it probably will be more than enough power

6. eddx macrumors regular

eddx

Personally I would have waited but after ten years of Windows, even if you where able to sell / swap for the newer MBP you probably wouldn't notice any difference unless you REALLY pushing it, which I am guess your not.

Just enjoy the world's best laptop - all MBPs rock. Mine rocks, yours rocks and these new ones will rock, if they come out next week or not, its no big deal unless you seriously need speed.

7. MIDI_EVIL macrumors 65816

MIDI_EVIL

8. Hmac macrumors 68020

No, it's unlikely to be a drastic performance change.

9. glocke12 thread starter macrumors 6502a

glocke12

" Should have waited.

Return it?"

Well, I have 5 days yet to return it, but to be honest, the only things that would make it worth my while would be things like a SUBSTANTIAL increase in processor speed, the addition of a blu-ray drive, etc...

It doesnt sound like any of these will happen though.

I do have to admit, after being on windows for a decade or so, it sure is nice navigating the mac OS. My last mac was a performa model I used from 1995-1998...

10. CV4 macrumors member

If they added a blu ray drive, you would have to pay more money. Just making sure you know.

11. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

I agree - waiting when this close to the show is the proper procedure.