New MBP Mid 2015 takes several attempts to unlock

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by usmaak, Dec 27, 2015.

1. usmaak macrumors regular

I just got a new mid 2015 MBP for Christmas. I was setting it up and getting everything installed on it. I have it set up to use my App Store password for the computer. I was just in standby and was trying to log in. It took ten tries with the correct password before it would unlock. I thought that maybe I was entering the wrong password, so as a test, I entered the correct password and kept clicking the arrow. This time it took eight tries before I got in to the computer. I can disable the password from standby, but I am curious why it is taking so many tries to log in with the correct password.

Anyone have any ideas? It's brand new, and has only been out of the box for about an hour.

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

If you're typing the password in correctly it should work on the first try.

I'd suggest changing the password to something simple, something you can't get wrong, and then trying to log in with that.

3. usmaak thread starter macrumors regular

It was the correct password. I entered it once and then clicked. I had to click ten times to get it to unlock. In the ten times, I did not type anything else.
    I changed the password to something other than the iCloud password and now it works ok.
    I just found it very weird that it should do that. Never seen that before.