New MBP NOT shipping from china??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by habliker, Apr 19, 2010.

1. habliker macrumors newbie

I am a Canadian and I purchased a stock low-end 15" MBP 10:33 am EST on April 13th, and as I am checking my order status I see that my shipment's origin was not in China. Does this normally happen? Where did my MBP come from in Concord, Ontario?

Attachment of my tracking details (on it's way to Newfoundland)

Attached Files:

2. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

If it was a normal configuration, you might get it from a warehouse where it's already at; BTOs (Build To Order) should be shipped straight from the factory in China.

3. habliker thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks.

That is what I figured but I wasn't sure as any other apple product I have purchased has come from China, and everyone else's tracking info that I have seen has originated in China.

4. drambuie macrumors 6502a

I got my 15" MPB on Thursday from Best Buy in Kitchener. Their MPB deliveries came piecemeal in Fedex deliveries from a GTA location other than their warehouse. The Best Buy warehouse had no stock at that time. That location (Concord?) is probably where your MPB shipped from. I see the St. John's airport is now open after the fog and volcanic ash delays, so yours should soon be on the way from Dieppe.