new MBP not shipping with mojave?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tamara6, Oct 17, 2018.

1. tamara6 macrumors regular

I finally ordered a new 13" MBP (with touchbar) and got it a week ago. I was surprised that it came with High Sierra and not Mojave. I've seen a post over in the MBA thread about someone getting a new MBA on Oct. 2 that came with Mojave on it. My computer was supposedly manufactured on Oct. 1.

Other people getting new MBPs - are yours coming with Mojave or High Sierra? Should I be worried that mine didn't?

2. vertical smile macrumors 68040

vertical smile

I had Macs that I ordered around the time of new MacOS releases and they had the old OS on them. They came with new MacOS disks though.

I guess now that there are no disks, you can just get it for free from the app store.

Not sure why this would be a problem. Why were you thinking it would be?

3. Black Creek macrumors newbie

Mine MacBook Pro 15“ 2018 also came yesterday with HS 10.13.6 installed. I am happy this way, dont want upgrade to Mojave

4. niji Contributor

niji

yes, i am surprised that your machine didnt arrive with mojave already installed.

apple has a highly efficient system in place with its suppliers in china that allows most OS updates to be able to be installed so that even new machines can arrive with the latest updates.

in yr case your machine had to be among the very very first machines shipping out of china within an initial window of maybe only 24 to 36 hours after mojave's formal release.

i have often wondered if your kind of case exists. i guess it does.

i dont think there is anything at all to be concerned about. other than the time it took to upgrade it yourself.

5. LeeW macrumors 6502a

LeeW

Mojave was only released on 24th Sept? Only if your machine was prepped after that would it be installed. Not much of a window and depends on how fast existing stock is moving.

Not sure in any event why you would be worried about it.