New MBP - one loud beep..

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by superman666, Aug 21, 2007.

1. superman666 macrumors regular

Hey,
    I own a 2.4GHZ MBP that's barely a month old. It's never had any kernal panics or ANYTHING, and it's been a great computer. Today I was a bit worried though, because in Final Cut I was applying a filter (de-interlace) on a short clip, and while rendering, a very loud beep came from my computer, and I practically crapped myself. I didn't think I should even post here because my computer is absolutely fine now, but I want to take every precaution. ( i have applecare too if this actually is a problem ).

Thanks

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Boot from the OSX discs holding D and run the diagnostic tests. They'll take a while so feel free to run them overnight. :)

3. Santa Rosa macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

My Dell Inspiron made strange noises like that all the time!! Seems to be still running ok, wouldnt worry about it yet, looks like your covered so wouldnt get to bothered over it. Computers make many wierd and wonderful noises!!!

Hope your Macs ok tho!! :apple:

4. EHUnlucky7x9@ao macrumors 6502

Mad jew is right...run diagonstic check on that MBP. You wouldn't want to have it fail down the road. Usually a long beep when you boot the computer up means that there is a fault with the RAM on the computer....or if there is a firmware update that you just downloaded.....but regardless, those sounds only happen when you boot up.