New MBP or applecare?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by adamtj11, Jun 17, 2011.

1. adamtj11 macrumors 6502

Hi my 1 year warranty ends at the end of August on my 2010 13 macbook pro, and i was just wondering would i be better selling this one on for about 850/900 and upgrading to the 2011 model or even the new macbook Air when it is released or buying apple care for my current macbook pro? reason I'm worried so much about my warranty is i travel 40 minutes on the train everyday into college so would be a risk carrying a out of warranty , no apple care mac, what would you think is the better option ?

2. MJNBGA macrumors regular

If you can afford it, I'd say that you should go with the 2011 MacBook Pro. The new Pro will cost you ~$200, assuming that you sell your old one. AppleCare costs $250. All in all I would suggest buying the new model; you may even be able to get one refurbished, or even buy one for $999 from MicroCenter. Although the 2010 model is not lacking in any way, I think that it is just better to have the peace of mind that warranty gives you.

Mordy

3. Wildhorses macrumors newbie

Get Apple Care and maybe an SSD. I have the 2011 one and it's my first mac but it does make a lot of fan noise and heat compared to my friends 2010 mac when on flash websites... and the graphics card is not as good.

4. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech