New MBP owner

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by austinford, May 13, 2008.

1. austinford macrumors newbie

So I just received my MBP yesterday and I'm loving it. I got the top end 15". It runs like lightning but I was wondering. Because I've had problems with my old Windows PC (yes I'm a new convert) and that over time just slowed down to where I could do next to nothing on it. So my question is will my new computer be just as fast in 6 months as it is now? Or how long does it usually take for these things to start slowing down? Thanks!

2. oblomow macrumors 68020

oblomow

It won't slow down. I just got a MBP, however I previously owned a powerbook for > 3 years. Same speed all the time. However a restart of safari will eventually be necessary. I still suspect there's a small memory leak.

3. phannon666 macrumors regular

The slowdown of windows is for a number of reasons. It can be poor hardware but its typically the OS getting bunged up with crap. Over the years the adding/removing/usage of certain programs fills the registry and other areas of your computer with crap.

4. bobbleheadbob macrumors 6502a

bobbleheadbob

I've had a MBP for 1.5 years now -- after about a 10 year detour to the dark side with Windows. I had the same slowing down experience with Windoze, but never with my Mac. :) :D