New MBP owners - how's the multi-touch?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by HoldFastHope, Feb 26, 2008.

1. HoldFastHope macrumors 6502

My brief experience on the Air didn't really convince me that it was all that great.

How are people going with the new MBP's?

2. tbeahrs macrumors newbie

Picked up my new Penryn MBP today. So far i'm mainly blown away with the computer's speed. The multitouch is, however, my favorite upgraded feature because of its POTENTIAL. Right now it just makes web browsing and iphoto viewing more easy/fun... but having the hardware to support future upgrades, now that's whats great. In the future I think there will be A LOT more done with the multitouch trackpad including command features and lord knows what.

15" Penryn MBP 2.5GHz 2GB 250GB 5400RPM

3. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

I'm wondering how much bigger is the new multi touch pad compared to the old regular one?

ChrisN

4. pianoplayer1 macrumors 6502

pianoplayer1

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

can u do a geekbench on ur mac and post it on the other benchmark thread? I just ordered a 2.4 and I'm just wondering how much better the 2.5 is.

5. Ryuukumori macrumors 6502

I also ask this. Is the trackpad on the new MBP the same size as the MBA?

6. HoldFastHope thread starter macrumors 6502

From pics it looks the same.

EDIT: Same as the old MBP, I mean.

7. Ryuukumori macrumors 6502

Can anybody prove this by comparison between trackpads of the new MBP and MBA?

8. Zorn macrumors 6502a

Zorn

Really not necessary, the photos of the new MBP on the Apple website show the trackpad looking identical to the previous one.

I'm not sure why Apple decided to do this, as after using the Air for a couple weeks I've really grown to love the larger trackpad.

9. HoldFastHope thread starter macrumors 6502

When I was using the Air I liked the bigger trackpad, but disliked the smaller button.

10. blurb23 macrumors 6502a

It's probably because your palms would get in the way, and hit the trackpad.

I've heard that the Air actually isn't all too great as filtering out extraneous inputs like that.

11. Oldhamer macrumors newbie

Love it

Decided after weeks of procrastinating between MB, MBA and MBP to get the Pro now. I am so far really pleased with the decision. Migration assistant made the whole thing pretty boring because the machine I ended up with was the same one I just left.
    Trackpad is the regular size, not really used it properly yet but will get to it soon