New MBP performance benchmarks...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Companion cube, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Companion cube macrumors newbie

2. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

Hmmm, but other than games not so much. I think I'll keep my existing MBP. For casual RTS gaming this old ATI x1600 is just fine.

If I want a portable gaming system, I will get a Sony w/ATI 3650, Blu-ray, HDMI, 16.4" 1600x900 screen for $1300.

Cheers,

3. nope7308 macrumors 65816

nope7308

You don't like the new features of the Macbook Pro - we get it. Why is everyone so hell bent on proving that the new revision is an overpriced POS? May I kindly remind you all that nearly every Mac notebook is overpriced when compared to a PC with similar specs...

Can't you people just enjoy the computer you presently have without telling the world how much you dislike the new MBPs? I know I can...

I feel sorry for the poor people who just dropped 2k+ and have to listen to everyone else whine about it!

4. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

It's not that I don't like the features. If I didn't have this MBP, I would probably buy the new one since I need(want) a Mac for my work, however, this upgrade is not sufficiently compelling to convince me to spend money on an upgrade. -- I have a MBP -- I like to upgrade frequently, but want to be truly "moved" to do so. For now I will keep my current system. Doesn't mean I hate the new ones, just don't love 'em enough to buy one.

Cheers,

5. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

last time i checked ( which was yesterday!)
    DEMOCRACY is still alive!
    so is Freedom of Speech..

and not everyone follows the APPLE herd.
    so even though STEVE Jobs said the

6. Companion cube thread starter macrumors newbie

This thread went in a weird direction fairly quickly

7. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

Doesn't take much! :D

8. jqc macrumors regular

In a noob when looking at these scores...not sure why new MBP pro is scoring so low in office productivity, etc. Can anyone comment on which scores are most applicable for a photo app like Aperture? I currently have a C2D 2.33 with the ATI x1600, and thats what im primarily interested in.

thanks