New MBP prices, old price drop by how much?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Alleyoop, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Alleyoop macrumors member

When the next MBP comes out, do people think that the prices will stay along the same lines as they are now, or increase significantly? If increase, by how much typically?

Will the current unibodys still be available at the Mac Store? Will the prices go down, and if so by how much?

Need a new laptop now, and seeing if I should wait for a better price on current line, or if I should get the newest if there is not a huge price jump.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Normally prices stay about the same. The current ones will be available from the refurb store if there are any left to sell.

3. haydn! macrumors 6502a

I'd expect the prices to be lower, or remain the same.

Apple lowered the price points of their MacBook line up last time they refreshed them whilst improving the technology both inside and out. Although this was likely a direct response to the Microsoft advertising that slammed the Apple price tag, I think its a trend we'll see continue with this refresh.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Apple were likely to use the profit from high margin lines (iPhone & iPods) to allow lower margins on the Macs in order to sustain the growth in sales?