Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blueridge

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 14, 2011
Western NC
Just got this this afternoon.. Set it up..rebooted..and it wont restart.. Stuck at daisy wheel loading screen... I let it sit there for 15 mins.. I then shut it down after doing quick search on apple forums... Started again and its still stuck.. :mad: brand new MBP 15" and one restart and now stuck.. Any ideas ?

Last edited:

Squicken

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Try reinstalling the os. If that doesnt work it could be a bad hard drive

macDelirium

macrumors member
May 16, 2011
Australia
Just got this this afternoon.. Set it up..rebooted..and it wont restart.. Stuck at daisy wheel loading screen... I let it sit there for 15 mins.. I then shut it down after doing quick search on apple forums... Started again and its still stuck.. :mad: brand new MBP 15" and one restart and now stuck.. Any ideas ?

DOA :( mine also arrived with a screen fault. I think Apple should look into getting a different manufacturer.

blueridge

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 14, 2011
Western NC
Tried safe boot...didnt work.. This suxs.. So far not a good experience with my very first macbook pro :( i dont want to try reinstall unless i have to.. Might try reset

blueridge

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 14, 2011
Western NC
Tried to call apple.... Closed wtf no 24hr support :mad:

Tried reset still stuck.. Gonna try reinstall but this suxs

I have been in IT field for 25+years and never had a brand new computer not boot.. This is very disappointing.. :( i understand stuff happens but gd why me..

randomrazr

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2011
Tried safe boot...didnt work.. This suxs.. So far not a good experience with my very first macbook pro :( i dont want to try reinstall unless i have to.. Might try reset

try that

if that no work, get it replaced for new one

blueridge

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 14, 2011
Western NC
reset didnt work.. also put in dvd to reinstall or do disk utility.. never came up.. held C on startup.. nothing.. this is VERY upsetting.. brand new not less then 15mins and 1 restart and its dead? this cant be happening.. :(

WillEH

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2011
United Kingdom
reset didnt work.. also put in dvd to reinstall or do disk utility.. never came up.. held C on startup.. nothing.. this is VERY upsetting.. brand new not less then 15mins and 1 restart and its dead? this cant be happening.. :(

I had this issue, but only after I used Onyx. I suspect you'll need to have it replaced again, that's what happened with mine.

blueridge

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 14, 2011
Western NC
slap in the OS dics see what happens lol

i put OS disc in.. never goes to it.. i feel it spin up.. never goes to it.. i tried everything i could find on apple forums and on google.. nothing.. seems extremely hot underneath so i shut it of and letting it sit there.. im gonna demand a replacement.. this is really upsetting to say the least..

blueridge

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 14, 2011
Western NC
this really suxs.. paid extra for overnight too.. now this :(

Don't even waste you're time. Send it back. If you have to fight with a brand new laptop that you have never even used!!! You send it back. :D

That sucks and I hope it gets resolved soon.

thanks.. i cant do nothing now.. have to wait til tomorrow.. very disappointing to say the least. i know some of you know how i feel.. i really was looking forward to playing with my MBP all night but now i bet i cant even sleep tonight.. lol.. i mean i know apple will take care of it but just still pisses me off.. i cant beleive it..

Last edited:

Steve's Barber

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2011
thanks.. i cant do nothing now.. have to wait til tomorrow.. very disappointing to say the least. i know some of you know how i feel.. i really was looking forward to playing with my MBP all night but now i bet i cant even sleep tonight.. lol.. i mean i know apple will take care of it but just still pisses me off.. i cant beleive it..

Well, let's say you magically did get it going tonight would you really want to keep it? Leave it in the sorry state it's in right now so they are sure to see it.

blueridge

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 14, 2011
Western NC
Well, let's say you magically did get it going tonight would you really want to keep it? Leave it in the sorry state it's in right now so they are sure to see it.

yah.. im just frustrated.. i already packed it up in the box.. :( i was just letting off some steam..

blueridge

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 14, 2011
Western NC
well.. talked with customer service over at amazon.. where i bought it.. it was cheaper w/o tax then edu discount at apple and anywhere else.. plus i got it overnight.. they are shipping me another one today should have it tomorrow.. brand new.. then i have to send this one back.. so cross my fingers this new one is not DOA..

blueridge

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 14, 2011
Western NC
Ups dropped off new one yesterday.. I set it up and rebooted.. Took 10 seconds... I used it for a few hours.. Did updates.. Seems to work great.. :D
Gets a little warm.. Need more time with it to learn this

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.