New MBP. Problem.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PeterBean, Jul 22, 2010.

1. PeterBean macrumors newbie

After waiting for about a week and a half, my brand new MPB13" turned up yesterday. Couldn't wait to get it out the box. Opened it, went through all of the startup video and on the main desktop view. Everything seemed great.

I opened a Safari window an as soon as the white screen on the apple website appeared, my eyes were drawn straight to a black dead pixel in the middle of the screen. Gutted.

Arranged immediately for Apple to have a new one sent out which will take over a week. The only plus is that they have said I can hang onto the original and arrange collection of that machine for after the new one arrives. This is all good and well, but I still can't install my software, move all of my documents accross, get comfortable with the comfortable with the computer.

I can honestly say that if I was required to send the machine back (1 week) and then wait again (1 week) for a new one, I probably wouldn't have bothered doing it.

As many people say though, when paying so much money for a machine like this, you expect perfection.

My only concern is now that the new one turns up with the same or worse...

2. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

You can install your software and move your documents if you have an external drive to make a Time Machine backup, then just restore it when the new MBP arrives.

3. MacDaddy11 macrumors member

i know what you mean man
    i got a new one too
    it sucks because out of the box its supposed to come perfect
    but i have a couple of problems myself
    chances are from what i knoew
    the new one might have a small problem too
    but instead of exchanging mine, im just going to get my problems fixed at the apple store

4. Vantage Point macrumors 65816

but I still can't install my software, move all of my documents accross, get comfortable with the comfortable with the computer.

You should be able to do all that now. When the replacement arrives then just used the Migration Assistant to move all your stuff; settings, software, documents...to the new computer and you will be good to go in about an hour

5. Mac7 macrumors 6502a

Mac7

This.

6. TZRaceR6 Guest

TZRaceR6

Simple solution: Go to newegg.com and get yourself a 320gig or bigger harddrive 7200rpm and install everything you want on it, When it comes time for them to take the computer back, just pull the harddrive out and slide it into the new/next one. Easy.