New MBP...Questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mikeymike88, Jun 19, 2007.

1. mikeymike88 macrumors member

Hey guys I'm going to be getting a new SR 15" 2.4 Macbook Pro either today or tomorrow at my local Apple store. I am planning on opening it up and looking at it first before I purchase it. So my question is, what should I be looking for? I've heard of the LCD flicker, uneven keyboard, dead pixels, and kernal panics (which I won't be able to reproduce in the store). Is there anything else I should look for when buying it or anything else I should do? Thanks!

2. rrijkers macrumors 6502

rrijkers

All of the above + headphone jack, yellow screen i suppose

3. uicandrew macrumors 6502a

as far as i know, they won't let you open it up and look at it before you pay for it.

4. mikeymike88 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the replies. Yeah I wasn't sure if you could open them up or not before you buy them, but I'll keep my eyes open for those problems.

5. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Good luck finding one, have you called? The 2.4's seem to be in short supply.

6. mikeymike88 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, I called and they do have them in stock. Both the matte and glossy finishes too.

7. mikeymike88 thread starter macrumors member

Well I picked up my 2.4 MBP today and I really like it. I have the yellowing when viewed from the sides, but thats all (not on bottom 1/3 of the screen). There is also no flicker on my screen either. I do have one dead pixel, but it is on the very edge of the left side of the screen, so it really doesn't bother me at all. Is there anything else I should keep my eye on or look out for?

8. Macbie macrumors member

Hi mikey, did your local Apple store allowed you to open the box first and looking at it before you finalized the deal? I just wondered if it all depend on the particular store's own discretion to allow customers to open the boxes before they make the purchases.

9. docc macrumors 6502

Apple states that you HAVE to purchase a product before you can open it for inspection. No other way to it.