New MBP - Rev A, B, C, D ......

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by flameon88, Sep 24, 2008.

1. flameon88 macrumors newbie

Hi, im intending to get a new MBP, but i heard from many in this forum and elsewhere that we shouldnt get the Rev A of any new line of products due to the bugs and all. I'm quite convinced of that but question:
    So should we start buying in at Rev B or is it a case of the waiting never ends. (I have the time to wait for Rev B)

2. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

The move to intel was probably the cause of many of the bugs in the Rev A MBPs (Core Duo). Now that they've got their foot in the door with Intel I wouldn't expect nearly as many problems as the first Intel macbooks.

3. flameon88 thread starter macrumors newbie

so.. maybe wait a month for the initial buyer's reviews before buying would be wise?

4. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

Doesn't hurt to wait and see.

(i.e. iPhone 3G initial problems)

5. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

dont need to wait a month...besides we don't even know if it will be "rev-A". It might me a minor speed bump or something.

After only a few days of reading on MR will you be able to decide if it's a mess or not.

6. flameon88 thread starter macrumors newbie

True, true.. hopefully the GPU issue will be fixed.. any ideas if it will be? :confused:

7. anthonys macrumors member

anthonys

Waiting a few months rarely solves anything. I waited a few months before purchasing the last Rev A MBP, and also a Rev A G5 iMac and a Rev A 15" Powerbook. All of those computers had issues and ended up getting parts replaced. The iMac had so many repairs that they eventually gave me a new one (which was intel by that stage!) after a few letters were sent. I'd pretty much avoid Rev A all together, especially if the product is completely re-designed. Apple kinda seem to suck when it comes to engineering.. :rolleyes: I've bought 7 Macs in the last 5 years and the only ones I haven't had any major problems with were the white Intel iMacs and the latest MBP.

8. aleksandra. macrumors 6502a

I think it's practically certain there won't be the same graphic cards, which were the source of the problem, but of course no one will promise you that NVIDIA didn't screw up the new ones as well.

9. flameon88 thread starter macrumors newbie

Waiting a few months is to wait for comments on forums and the net on any issues (major or minor) before deciding to buy, but probably a week or 2 will suffice for that.. because if there are major problems raised up it wouldnt make sense to buy would it? thats one of the reasons for waiting a few weeks or a month

10. Aranince macrumors 65816

If you are going to do that, remember that on forums...people will post all their problems to try and get help. People who don't have any problems and everything is fine, don't post just to say everything is fine. So there is a bias for problematic devices on forums.