New MBP screen issues,dead pixel comes again?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jackzhu521, Apr 28, 2010.

1. jackzhu521 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

It's me again. :DI was wodering how is the new MBP 17 i5? Has Apple already fixed this issue? I would like to say guys,from 2008 to 2009,I bought three Macbook Pros(two MC470 and one MC471) ,first MC470 is all right,it is just normal,the glossy screen has no dead pixel. But from another one MC470 and MC471,they had dead pixels,from 1 to 8 dead pixels. I changed 13 times,went to Apple physical store again and again. This was crazy,damn crazy.:( But I would like to say,that was true. It really happened to me. I got the thrid one for my lovely gf in the mid of 2009,but it was still not good,still had a dead pixel.When you use blue wall paper on MacOS,you will see it very very clear. But also can see the dead pixel from normal wall paper,just use your eyes and watch it carefully.A little bit trick.:D This MC471,my gf is still using it and I am so tired to get a replacement,damn tired....Now just the new one is coming. Do you guys have this issue on your MBP screen? By the way,if you buy a MBP with antiglare screen,probably you will get a horizontal line at the bottom of MBP screen,maybe more. This problem I also met in 2007,I bought a MBP133 in that year.

Now my decision is to change my order to i5 with antiglare screen(MC024). Then what will happen to my new one 2010?:D i7 is just too hot,not a good idea.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Dead and stuck pixels are normal in LCDs

2010 MBPs have been quite trouble-free but sure they have some minor issues as all consumer products. Sounds like you have very strict expectations so with a small flaw, it's going back

3. jackzhu521 thread starter macrumors newbie

No I haven't got my new 024 with antiglare(still processing:D),I would like to say I am not a strict person. Because I got another three laptops( HP,ASUS and ACER) and also two displays(HP and LG),they are all awesome.....I have already checked all of them since bought MBPs with dead pixel issues in 2009. This meas Apple LCDs just sucks,worse quanlity,but really nice Apple customer service.:D

4. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

LCDs cannot be produced with a 100% guarantee that they are perfect. At least not without a drastic price increase. Over the years the change of pixel defects has become smaller though, but it's still there.

However, there's no reason to accept defects. If you buy something from the store, you pick the one you like best from the shelve. If you can't check out the product you're buying in the store, and it turns out there are indeed pixel defects, it's a hidden defect and you should ask for a replacement.

5. johnnymg macrumors 65816

johnnymg

As an aapl investor I can only pray that you shop somewhere else in the future. I here Dell makes some good computers! ;)

6. jackzhu521 thread starter macrumors newbie

I quite understand that LCDs cannot be produced with a 100% guarantee that they are perfect. But I would like to say I am a customer to buy a MBP,how come should I accept defect one? :D But something is so strange,how come other computer makers are good,like HP,ACER and ASUS? They are still working well. Bought them from 2007 to 2009...Just do not understand Apple what happened.:confused:

7. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

You shouldn't accept a product that's defective. Usually you can swap it out without any problems. Other brands have the exact same problems, maybe you just don't read about them that often. And Apple users are generally a bit more picky; people who buy a $500 Acer laptop usually don't care about pixel defects or don't even notice them. But they are there nonetheless. It's not like everyone but Apple has some magical way of creating pixel-perfect screens. Furthermore, Apple screens with defective pixels are still the exception. There are way more people out there who have perfect screens, they just don't go to forums to talk about it — people with problems do.

8. jackzhu521 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi dude,it seems you work for Apple.lol:D I said before had another three brand latops,ACER was 2500USD,ASUS was 1900USD,HP was 1500USD something,just bought them less than 3 years. You cannot say it was cheap,but they are really awesome(have already checked by me through dead pixel software),I mean screen,but the shape just sucks.:D Maybe Apple should produce in USA,not in China,because of bad screen issues,the quanlity just sucks:D

9. mdatwood macrumors 6502a

This is funny. Unless there was a group of dead pixels or the dead pixels were somewhere near the middle of the screen I'm not sure I'd ever notice it. Is there some program people use to display an image and then they manually scan the screen looking for dead pixels?

10. Balaamsdonkey macrumors 6502

Aren't the new i5/i7MBP's LED screens? Do LED's get dead pixels?

11. johnnymg macrumors 65816

johnnymg

LED backlight.

12. shadowness macrumors regular

LED's are for back lighting only, replacing the old CCFL tech. the LCD pixel structure remains the same, probably different between different LCD technologies, but the process is the same!!!

But when one buys an Apple Product and that too at a premium price of > $2000, things like Dead pixels shouldn't be there in the first place.

EDIT: Sheesh!!! johnnymg beat me to it!!

13. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

So.. because you bought 3 non-Apple products that didn't have pixel defects, and you read about a few Apple products that do have pixel defects, the problem only exists with Apple. Sound reasoning ;)