New MBP screen vs. new MB screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cshen, Oct 16, 2008.

1. cshen macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

i'm currently still using my 4 years old 1.33 12" powerbook. Since apple just refreshed its notebook line. I'm considering getting a new book.

Here comes the question. Since the macbook is now using the LED backlight. How does the screen compare to macbook pro's, ie, brightness, view angle, color? The resolution of macbook pro is higher. but that's because of the bigger screen, right?

One thing i dont like my 12" powerbook is the screen. i had a 15" tibook and i absolutely loved the screen.

Anyone knows the answer?

2. TheCakeIsALie macrumors regular

From a review I've read, though both the new MB and new MBP use LED backlit screens, the one on the MBP is still superior. Not just in terms of resolution, but the color, contrast, and viewing angle are all much better on the MBP. It's pretty clear in the photos in the link.

3. cshen thread starter macrumors newbie

Thansk. That really helps. :)

4. strikeinsilence macrumors 6502

If you're picky about displays (I am) then the MBP is a must. The MB's have always had shoddy (IMHO) displays. I couldn't stare at them all day, hence I never bought one. Remember that LED backlighting doesn't do anything for the quality of the panel.