New MBP Shipment Question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by cujoe86, Mar 1, 2008.

1. cujoe86 macrumors member

Hi all,

I just purchased a MacBookPro earlier today from the online apple store. I'm really excited about getting it and was really looking foward to getting it by the end of next week. I even purchased the faster shipping. After getting the email confirmation, I noticed that my expected ship date is March 24th.and expected arrival date is March 27th. I was quite surprised as all of my previous purchases with Apple have been very quick to ship from them. I'm just curious if the wait time for these new MBP's are typically three weeks for everybody else or is there something I should be concerned about here? I figured dropping over $3,000 on their top end laptop would warrent a speedy ship date and if they are backordered, at least a notice about this would have been nice. Nevertheless, I would really appreciate feedback concerning the length of time people need to wait before having their macbookpros shipped. This could posibly be completely normal but just in case it isn't, I thought I'd throw it out there and find out if I need to do anything or just sit back and wait. Thanks all

2. chinarider macrumors regular

Sit back and wait - I'm betting you ordered a 17" glossy. There are delays on that and the Matte screen. When you ordered from the apple store, you can see the ship date change when you select that option.

Additionally, there are other threads here discussing this if you want to know more.

3. cujoe86 thread starter macrumors member

Yes, that is correct I did order the 17'' glossy. Thank you for your quick reply. I did read the other threads related to this but could not find a specific wait time people were having. Also I noticed they were getting theirs pretty quick so thats what prompted me to post my question. Chances are I missed the threads that would have already answered my question. Anyways, thank you again for your input even though the news was not as promising as I had hoped lol.