New MBP - Shipping Method?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Link2999, May 17, 2010.

1. Link2999 macrumors 6502

As soon as the BTS promo starts I'm placing an order for a
    15" High Res Glossy
    2.66GHz Intel Core i7
    4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB
    500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200 rpm

It's going to run me about $2262 with tax and everything.
    Anyways, I doubt that they sell these specs in-store, but I'll check anyways before I actually place the order. I've been hearing that the shipping can take up to a month (well receiving the item from the original order), is it worth the extra $18 for 2-3day shipping or will the MBP arrive in the same amount of time (not sure if the main time delays happen with shipping or delivery). Also does anyone have any estimates of the delivery time with the 2-3day shipping method?

2. MorganK macrumors regular

This is just my experience so take it for what you will.

I ordered a CTO on a Thursday evening. Standard shipping. It shipped Friday. It was delivered on a Monday. As in 4 days later.

However, it had some issues and Apple said it was DOA. Ordered a replacement on Wednesday night. They upgraded it to expedited shipping at no charge. It was shipped Sunday. It is due for delivery on Wednesday...a week later.

So I guess with the first one things just moved along a little faster in the factory and it didn't miss a cut off date. But to me the $18 wouldn't be worth it to chance getting it a day or 2 sooner.

When you go to place your order do the store chat online. They can give you estimated delivery dates for both shipment methods.

3. TSparger macrumors member

I just received mine last week and it took either 4 or 5 days for the standard (free) delivery.

4. EasyJW macrumors member

in the past i've always had mine within the week