New MBP Shipping Question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DubbleDuecer, Oct 16, 2008.

1. DubbleDuecer macrumors member

Got my shipping verification email from apple early today (thurs) I have overnight shipping, So im hoping to get it tomorrow (fri) BUT when i go to fedex.com and try to track my package this is what i get.....????? It hasnt changed for over 12 hours..... whats going on?

Oct 16, 2008 8:09 PM

Package data transmitted to FedEx -----(says this in the ACTIVITY column.)

I know it says PM, but I had this email when i woke up, So im guessing it should be AM..?

2. strikeinsilence macrumors 6502

There's a fairly good chance your notebook is coming from China, so I wouldn't count on it coming by tomorrow. I'm really not sure how it all works though.

3. DubbleDuecer thread starter macrumors member

but if it already shipped and I payed for overnight dilvery? I dont know, Shouldnt it say: departed from: China... or California or something?

4. strikeinsilence macrumors 6502

It should, but tracking is always sketchy for the first day or two after a package is shipped. If I were you, I'd try to put it out of my mind so I'd be surprised when it got there. I know it's hard, but watching the hands of the clock tick waiting ain't gonna help.

5. LinMac macrumors 65816

You can have Fedex email you when there are any changes. That is a handy feature when you're dealing with these types of sketchy tracking situations.

6. Logos327 macrumors 6502

Assuming you are in the US, depending on where you live, the time in the air could be nearly 20 hours alone. That is not taking into consideration landing for fuel, customs, loading and unloading, putting it on a truck to go to a shipping center, and then putting it on another truck to come to you (or possibly even another center). You get the idea. Overnight shipping is not always feasible sadly.