New MBP Showing AppleCare+ Even Though I Didn't Purchase?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hur88, Jul 29, 2019.

1. hur88 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a brand new MacBook Pro from Best Buy and did NOT purchase the AppleCare+ protection with it.

Today I went to the Apple site to check how much it cost to add it to my computer, and after inputting the serial number it notified me that my MacBook was already covered by an AppleCare product.

That was odd to me, so when I went to the Apple "Check Coverage" site, it told me that my serial number is covered by AppleCare+ through July 2022.

What gives here? My intent is to purchase AppleCare, but it seems like I got lucky here and already have it?

Have others encountered anything like this? Is it a glitch?

Thanks!

2. Herrpod macrumors regular

Herrpod

It has AppleCare for a year. If it doesn't say you're covered for 3 years when you look it up, it isnt.

3. hur88 thread starter macrumors newbie

It does say that it's covered for three years through July 2022.

4. Herrpod macrumors regular

Herrpod

You bought it with it or got lucky.

5. hur88 thread starter macrumors newbie

Guess I got very lucky then. Receipt says nothing about AppleCare nor did I pay the $200+ for it.
    My main concern is that they would remove it after the fact.

6. SDColorado Contributor

SDColorado

Wait and see if it changes down the road. My iPhone showed I had Apple Care on it for like 2 weeks and I thought cool, maybe I won’t actually have to purchase it. But it eventually updated and I did have to purchase it :)