New MBP size?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SpaceCactus, Feb 14, 2008.

1. SpaceCactus macrumors newbie

Do you think there will be any chance that Apple would have a monitor size update for the new MBPs, rather than just the 15" and 17"?

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

19" would be nice. I'm still a bit upset that they have yet to add a keypad to the 17". Most 17" laptops have a keypad, why not the MacBook Pro?

TEG

3. Ryox macrumors 6502a

Ryox

I really doubt that since the air was introduced

4. Kiwi616 macrumors newbie

I personally doubt it. The smallest seems to be 13.3 and thats already taken by the MB and the Air. I would love to see a 12 or 11 inch MB Pro with a dedicated graphics card (like the PB 12 inch, but with WS).

My 2 cents.

5. Ryox macrumors 6502a

Ryox

Bigger that 17"? I've never thought of that... Still, I think it would be very unlikely

6. SpaceCactus thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, a 19" would be awesome. I was thinking since they aren't continuing the iMacs (from what I read), maybe they would put more emphasis on a desktop replacement such as the MBP and increase the screen size a little.

7. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

12" if anything. A 19" is not a laptop, nor is it portable. As well, there is no way Apple would not continue the iMacs.

8. AutumnSkyline macrumors regular

AutumnSkyline

the iMac is their best selling Desktop, they wouldn't stop selling it. If you read engadget, there is an article of Apple ramping production of them.

9. Shannighan macrumors 6502a

Shannighan

i dont think were going to see a 19", i dont think apple really sees a target audience for that.

10. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Apple does not make laptops, they make notebooks. There are several 19" notebooks on the market today, some are desktop replacements (like the Alienware ones) others use laptop components. I really want a 19" MacBook Pro.

TEG

11. tennisplaayer11 macrumors member

I think you mean Mac Mini. Apple would never discontinue the iMac, it's their main computer. And on the topic of a 19" MBP, I doubt it. It just doesn't seem portable enough to me. I think one of the reasons Apple discontinued the 17" iMac when switching to the aluminum is because there was also a 17" MBP. I mean, what's the point of a laptop with the same screen size as a desktop? 19" and you're 1" away from the iMac screen size, so I doubt that will happen.

12. SpaceCactus thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I was thinking Mac Mini as iMac. Didn't seem right that they would discontiune the iMac.

Hypothetically though, would a 19" screen also give the MBP a bigger base thus giving it more room for upgraded hardware? I know that a 19" MBP is very unlikely, but it would be a cool option for people looking for a complete, portable desktop replacement.