New MBP Sleeve

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dkhuynh, Dec 8, 2008.

1. dkhuynh macrumors member

Hi, I am a lucky owner of a brand spanking new MacBook Pro 15in.

I browsed through the forums and checked out the guide for sleeves and cases, but rather get some personal input and feedback.

I would like a simple/minimalistic sleeve that will protect my notebook while it's in my backpack.
    I found one is for the MacBook Air, I am looking for something similar.
    Let me know! Thanks in advance :)

[​IMG]

2. dkhuynh thread starter macrumors member

After jumping board on another thread, I decided to go with Incase. Thanks!

3. theMaccer macrumors 6502a

theMaccer

4. Vivid.Inferno macrumors 6502

Vivid.Inferno

I bought an incase and it's great. However it has a strap because I don't think it'd be safe in my backpack, sleeve or not. I have some really thick heavy textbooks (think 2200 pages x2). Anyway it's a great case.

5. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

Buying an incase is worth the price. I have one and loving it all the way :)

6. descartes macrumors 6502

do they really hold up well after extended use?

7. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

My favorite sleeve, by far, is the Tucano Second Skin. I've gone through Incase and Belkin sleeves and none of them come close to the Tucano. Even though the Incase is just a tiny bit thicker, the Tucano fits the MacBook, MacBook Pro, and/or Air like a glove. With the Incase and Belkin, I always had an inch or so gap on the top.

I just wanted something that hugged my MBP closely. I always carried it in my arms so thickness wasn't something I was looking for. No matter how thick a sleeve is, it's not going to withstand a fall.

8. 3runjosh macrumors member

Go for a neoprene sleeve (wetsuit material) it works wonders

9. dkhuynh thread starter macrumors member

got my incase in the mail today, thanks guys!

10. SteveMobs macrumors 6502

SteveMobs

Thread Hijack, I need an orange sleeve, not burnt.

Instead of polluting macrumors with more of the same threads I figured I'd ask in here.

I'm about to buy my first mac, a 2.4 MB Aluminum, and was looking for cases. I like the idea of the Incase sleeves and the tucano sleeves. The kind that are made out of that "wetsuit" material. Anyways, I don't like any of the colors they offer. I am from the Netherlands, so I'd like to get a nice Orange one (that's our national color). I know some companies offer burnt orange, but that's not the same, that's like a pumpkin. This is the color I'm looking for;

[​IMG]

Just like the color the dutch soccer players wear, you probably saw them in Euro 2008, damn you Russia!

11. SteveMobs macrumors 6502

SteveMobs

I seem to have found old orange Incase sleeves for Powerbooks, but that's not what I need.

12. SteveMobs macrumors 6502

SteveMobs

13. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

14. rick3000 macrumors 6502a

rick3000

I can personally vouch for the quality of the Booq. My sister used one with her PB and it provided great protection. I went with the $20 Brenthaven sleeve for my iBook, it was cheap and offer great protection, but they don't make one for the 15" MBP.
    I would get either the Booq, or a Tim Bihn Monolith. The plastic in the lining provides great protection in a backpack with books.

If price isn't a factor look into the axio sleeve.