New MBP uni - Battery question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Zenor, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Zenor macrumors member

Hello everyone.

I recently purchased a macbook pro 15, unibody. It seems great and had no problems at all.
    I want to ask something about the battery though. My mbp seem to be lasting around 4 hours in OSX and about an hour and a half in windowsXP, bootcamp.

And that, with minimum internet usage. Is this normal?
    Another weird thing is the "Age of your mac" in coconut battery which says 123 months.
    Any suggestions?(Yes, I have already set energy saving options)

[​IMG]

2. OpenThirdeye macrumors member

Not quite sure what to tell you about your battery life, but I'm seeing the same problem in CoconutBattery. I got my Uni 15 MBP last week and it says that my lappie is 122 months old.

3. joleel7 macrumors member

I have exactly the same thing with my less than a moth old 15" MBP. Coconut battery think my MBP is 124 months old... I took to Genius Bar they run a program to check my batter it shows my battery is good..

4. rmarinheira macrumors member

Hi, all!

Somehow the code that "calculates" the age of your mac based on the serial number is not up to date and these latest serial numbers originate all this confusion.

Nothing to worry about, it's a coconut battery bug!

I've emailed the guy that made the application over a month ago but had no answer...

Regards

Ricardo

5. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

This is because coconut battery sucks, it doesn't even give near accurate readings, sometimes i wonder if its just making up the numbers when people post screenshots here, thats why we have iStat Pro.

6. Gryfon19 macrumors regular

That's normal - I'm getting the same thing with my unibody 15" MBP I bought last week.