New MBP? Uprade Ram? Upgrade HD?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bobioden, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

How many of these do we have to see each day? Is there anyway they can be stopped?

All new buyer ask the same question. Do they ever search?

How about a 48 hour policy, where they can't post until they have been on here for 48 hours?

It is getting ridiculous. Search and find, use the tools.

2. scott85213 macrumors member

I haven't seen one of these threads all day. I think you're thinking of the "Should I buy now or wait." I really don't see how this topic is helpful at all.

3. Shabbis macrumors regular

How about a "should I wait?" post 48 hour policy?

Edit: (scott85213, you beat me too it)

4. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

I think an auto-ban on these questions should be done. The site is getting slower and slower with these threads. I think people are:

1) Too lazy to search
    2) Don't know how to search :eek:
    3) Don't believe that it was the same question :rolleyes:

So if someone asked the same question yesterday, it is OK to not search? :confused:

5. Minimoose 360 macrumors 65816

Minimoose 360

I don't think this should go in the PB/MBP forum, but I'll give my two cents.
    I am relatively new here, but I have a lot of experience on forums.

- The Sonic Stadium (Sonic The Hedgehog fans)
    - The {{WaR}} Clan (my personal group of friends, we're random but still believe in grammar.)
    -The CRNA Forums (for Anesthetists, of which is my future career path)
    - The G4TV Forums (filled with rampant n00bs and fanboys)
    - Mac Rumors

People will be n00bs, oh yes, the will be n00bs. And people who act like n00bs online, probably are n00bs in real life. It's a terrible fact. :rolleyes:

6. Firefly2002 macrumors 65816

Well, when I get my MBP, I don't believe I'll be posting anything of the sort, being quite acquainted with hardware.

As you said "all new buyers say the same thing," does that mean you asked, too?

Seriously, this type of thread happens in every forum, regardless of what it is, from sci-fi forums to computer forums to TV show forums, there's always those few questions that everyone asks.

7. Radio Monk33 macrumors 6502

Geeee...why should I be inconvenienced and have to spend some of my time to search for a thread or read someone elses when instead I can create a new thread so other people can come to me with answers!:rolleyes:

8. chiefroastbeef macrumors 6502a

What the hell is the point of a forum if people can't ask what they want? If you get annoyed by the posts, then ignore it and get over it. Believe or not there are people who are willing to help the new people out, after all we have all been there. I do agree, the "should I wait for new MBP?" threads are getting old, but how hard is it to just scroll our mouse wheel and skip to the next thread?

Anyway, depends on what you need more, HD space or be able to run more programs at once? I have a 320gb HD(with the help of people on this forum) and 4gb of ram. I'd say they are equally important to me, since I tend to run a lot of programs at the same time that eat more than the stock 2gb ram I had. I have a windows partition as well as a lot of photos, movies and tv shows so the 320gb was great.

It really depends on what you need.