New MBP vs. Last Year's MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NTGuy, Mar 11, 2008.

  1. NTGuy macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2007
    #1
    I am debating whether or not i should trade in my MPB 2.2 from last year for a new base model MBP 2.4, mostly because of the graphics card. Is there enough of a performance difference to make this worth my while? Also, does anyone have a rough estimate of how much i can sell my MPB 2.2, 160 GB HD for? It has a scuff on the edge which is very noticeable but other than that its in excellent condition. Thanks!!
     
  2. alphaod macrumors Core

    alphaod

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2008
    Location:
    NYC
    #2
    No I don't think it's worth it. I would think as long as the computer works fine right now, just wait until June when they release ones with new chipsets.

    As with how much you can get? It's difficult to say not knowing how big the scuff is and how old is the computer. I'd say the computer depreciates 50% every year from what you paid for it, if it were in mint condition. Also consider that you can buy your computer new for $1400 after rebates. I'd say give or take $900 tops if you're a good salesman. $700 median.
     
  3. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2006
    #3
    No, not worth it at all. In real world usage you will see absolutely no speed gain or benefit at all. I say just wait and save your money for the next big update sometime next year.
     
  4. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

    EvryDayImShufln

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2006
    #4
    It wont be worth it. The new one performs very similarly. I would say unless you can do it for less than a 200$ cost difference, don't bother.
     

Share This Page